Friday, September 14, 2012

Behold! I have created yogurt.

I did it!

The last time I tried to make homemade yogurt I fouled it up. Three. Simple. Instructions. I couldn't make it happen. Needless to say I was very disappointed as I had waited to try this recipe for a long time. I think part of me knew I'd mess it up the first time. That's not out of the ordinary.

But not this time! This time I followed the directions without fail and was blessed with a crock pot full of homemade yogurt to enjoy in the morning! It tasted just like store-bought plain yogurt and was only slightly thinner. I added some local honey I had recently picked up and it was perfection. I am pleased. I can't wait to try it with the local organic whole milk I plan to buy at the farmer's market tomorrow. Ooooh..I just can't wait! I even tested it out on my 20 month old to see if I could replace the expensive commercial brand organic whole milk yogurt she eats every day and she liked it! I sweetened hers with a slice of canned peach and the pear juice it was canned in. It made it a little too watery and she totally rejected the diced peach pieces (what?!?), but she still ate the yogurt so I call it a win.



The best part is that this really couldn't be any easier to do. It utilizes the brilliance of a slow cooker and you know I like me some slow cookin'. I HIGHLY suggest you visit "A Busy Mom's Slow Cooker Adventures" and try out this recipe, or any of her other delicious recipes. I love being able to prep dinner early in the day and throw it in the slow cooker so the 5pm scramble is a little less, well.....scrambled. :O)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment